4.26.2010

Whose your Giant?

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton

I must say this is very true. I think God is my giant and because of standing on His shoulders, I have seen farther than I would have ever seen w/o Him.

This weekend has been awesome! I spent some MUCH needed time with my 3 girls. I can say that I feel the change inside of me. Even though the progress is slow, it is happening! I want to be the best I can be for not only myself but for my girls. I had a talk with them last night. I told them that I pray for them and with them and that when they saw mommy having a bad day or being in a bad mood I wanted them to stop me and pray for me. I know that God spoke that to me to speak to them, He knows that would help me tremendously. Sometimes when we are having a bad day, we are blinded by all that has happened. THIS will be my eye opener on those days.

We also talked about cleaning and responsibilities in the house and just how we kept our house clean and free of clutter we had to do the same with our heart. If we let bad in, bad will come out. If we fill it with clutter it will not be clean. I killed two birds with one stone in that convo. They agreed that we want our home to be clean for when people come over, and we want our hearts to be clean at all times also. I asked them that if mommy didn't clean the house and just let it go, what would people think when they came over? They said "They wouldn't want to come back". EXACTLY. Just as if we push Christ out of our hearts and fill it with bad things, he will not want to live there!

They are such a blessing in my life and I know sometimes I get at my wits end and need a break, but I could NOT imagine life w/o them. We had a girls night out Saturday night-me and my girls not my friends. We went to see "How to train your dragon"..........Such cute, sweet movie. The father of the boy displays how we are sometimes with our children. We sometimes are blinded by what "WE" want them to be and can't see "THEIR" true potential that FAR EXCEEDS what we though we wanted for them! They loved the tub of popcorn with extra butter and the coke, it's a rare treat! They almost ate a whole tub, I was shocked!!! It was a fun night that I hope to be able to save and do once a month with just them and myself! FUN TIMES!

I can say I seem to have grown in these last few days. And I feel GREAT! I hope for everyone in my life to see their change and to continue to grow. Don't let anyone or anything hold you back. Never settle in life, Find your Potential and let it exceed your expectations!!!

Love You ALL!!! Have an AWESOME week!

0 comments: