3.17.2010

Filling the cup




I have not been in touch lately with my gratitude's or myself. I've been in an odd mood for the last two weeks. I can't quite put my finger on how or why I'm not grateful or out of touch. But I will get back aligned. This is my first step to growing grateful again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful and have many things to be grateful for but I want more! Many great things have happened since I wrote my last list. So that should give me plenty to write about. I don't want to just be here and blog, I want to be in touch and FEEL what I'm blogging about. There's a difference between just writing and feeling what you are writing.

Here's a few verses pulled from Psalms 34 that have reached me today:

4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.

8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

12 Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,

17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

19 A righteous man may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;

Today I'm grateful for:

Music and how it can speak great things to our spirit. The song "What Faith Can do" By Kutless to me today.

Faith. It really can move mountains. I know every mountain I've faced, I can now look back and know that through Christ I was able to conquer it. Lord knows I've faced a lot of mountains in life. But no mountain is too big. I know when we are at the bottom of the mountain starting to climb it's hard to see the other side. It's hard to find the strength to begin climbing it. But I've learned that when I prayed and climbed it with Christ, I was over that huge mountain within a blink of an eye. It is always a struggle at first to find the Faith/strength to begin the climb. When problems happen we seem to let them take us straight down, instead of laying us down we need to let it take us down to our knees and pray about it. I am one who learns things the hard way. So I always try to fight the battle in the beginning my way, but eventually turn it over to God. I'm now working on giving it all to Him before I try to do it. After all things are easier when you have someone holding you up.

Knowing that being Righteous doesn't mean there won't be any troubles. As it says in Psalm 34:19. Righteous men have troubles, but He will deliver us from them all. That does not mean that we won't have to go through it before we are delivered. If we never had troubles we'd never appreciate the good times. I am very grateful for the things I've been allowed to go through because now I can teach those that are going through them how to have strength. I know I went through everything I have gone through to be able to minister to those who are in those trials of life. I gained wisdom and strength from my trials and I hope to teach others to learn, gain, and grow from their trials. So they can obtain their Tribulation!

Sunshine! The last couple of days we've had some awesome sun. I am so grateful that winter is behind us and I can now soak up the warmth of the sun. It is my mood lifter. It does amazing things. God knew what he was doing when he made the sun so bright and warm.

Softball Season. Caity is happy and loving it so far. It's great to see her enjoying herself. Her practices gives me time to walk and reflect and the other two girls time to play with each other and their friends. Between the walking and the sun my mood is shifting back to center!

Things falling into place. Even though things are totally fixed, it's fixing. God doesn't lie and I know things are going to change greatly. It's already slowly happening. I like to look back to 2 months ago, things were a lot worse than they are now, so I can see how God has moved. The devil can continue to try to get me to lose focus on what God has showed me but I'm sorry devil you are failing and are going to fail. I am going to just move forward and gain Strength!


0 comments: