3.22.2010

Not letting it get me :)

Just when you think Spring has arrived and the sicky bugs will leave for a while, we get slammed with snow flurries/freezing rain with low temps again. Which I also wake to being sick :( That's ok though bc I know that it will be sunny again-hopefully to stay for a while and make complain of the heat and I will get better.


Spring is in the air and it will come.

Spring-what does this word mean to you?

To me when I hear it, this is my first thoughts:

-To bounce, jump or leap

-New life rising up

-Sunshine

-Warm Rain

-Crisp, Clean, Cool
And here's what the definition is: SPRING


Who knew that a word could have so many vast meanings.

This is what came to me from reading the meanings:

-I will move forward
-God is the source that is going to make things rise up in me
-I have been "sprung" from my imprisonment that the Devil once had me in
-God will rapidly remove the stresses in my life. Only He can Spring me from them. He will recoil me back to normalcy.
-I am growing and have been renewed through the Spring of Christ
-Like a Spring we are Resilient.
-Christ is my support that helps me to rise.

Never new that one word could mean so much and be used in a Christian way.

Today I'm Grateful for:

Knowing I will get better. Yeah I'm sick, and I could dwell on that, but knowing I will be fine and will get better is a much better aspect to looking at it. After all if we were never sick in body or mind we wouldn't appreciate the times we are well :)

Having help in the time of need. I'm very lucky that I have the family/friends that are always there to help me when I'm in need of anything. Not everyone has that support.

Sunny days will be back. :)

Ladies Retreat nearing. I can't wait. Last year was amazing and I know that this year only holds more. We have all grown so much since last year and I know that we are only going to grow more and more. We have an amazing group of ladies in our Church.

Being able to overlook. Overlook what the Devil tries to use to get me down and out. He can throw sickness at my family, use those around me to say/do hurtful things, use my kids against me BUT as long as I don't let him in, he can't do a thing. If I don't dwell on the pain he can not enter in. Another door has been slammed :)

Medicine. It can be abused but it is a God send. Some meds help us in our healing process. I know right now my Tylenol Severe Congestion is helping me to breathe, not ache and to feel less cruddy even though it makes me ill and groggy. Hey can't have something help without the ill wanted effects.

My hope for you is to allow things to Spring up in you and renew you.

Happy Monday :)



0 comments: